180° horizontal angle rotation on green water at a vertical angle between 0° and 45°, clear of the foam pile, where the competitor rotates around the bow of the boat landing in a backwards position.
Value is 15 points
How to do a Roundhouse
1. Set up by carving your way to the top of the wave.
2. As you begin to come down the wave angle your boat off to one side just slightly. Lets start angled to the right.
3. As you begin to come down the wave drop that edge into the water (right edge)
4. Then immediately lift that edge out of the water dropping the other edge (left edge)
5. At the same times lean forwards and do back sweep (left blade) to spin you around to backwards.
6. Use a strong back stroke to stop the spin and keep you on the wave.
You need to switch edges quickly in order to make this move work.
Make sure you start pointing off to one side slightly if you come down the wave straight as you turn you will be fighting the water rather than slicing through it making the move harder and you might find you get pushed flat every time.
The boat needs to rotate around the bow during the roundhouse. So as you go to do your back stroke lean forwards this puts the weight over your bow and makes the whole move pivot around the front of your boat.
Remember this whole move takes only a couple of seconds so make your movements explosive and snappy.