Selecting a Kayak
There are so many boats available on the market that choosing your first boat or the right boat can be quite a daunting process. However there is a lot of advice out there that will help make this process easier.
How to choose the right boat
1. Have a think about what you would like to do with your kayak.
2. Speak to your local store and local paddlers about your options
3. Make sure you fit. Boats come in a variety of different lengths and sizes. Use the manufactures guidelines as guidance but then jump in the boat and see how it feels. Every person size and shape if different and the guidelines are just that ‘guidance’. The best way to know if a boat fits is to try it.
4. Try out as many boats as you can
5. Choose the one you like the most and take it on loads of adventures out on the water
Try before you buy. Make sure you jump in it out on the water before you buy it so you can and see how it feels.
Ask yourself a few questions… Do you fit? Can you control it? Do you like the colour?